“I feel that years from now I will be able to say that Etheria was the catalyst that helped jump start my career.” – Mindy Bledsoe
Please submit to Etheria using the Filmfreeway.com submission services:
ALL FILMS submitted to Etheria Film Night on Film Freeway will be immediately eligible and considered for:
– THE MAIN JUNE LINEUP in Hollywood, California of the best new short genre films directed by women.
– THE WORLD TOUR – an ongoing travelling showcase that takes selected films around the world for festivals, university screenings, conventions, and private events.
Films can be selected for one, more than one, or none of the above.
Please read the rules thoroughly before submitting
Your film MUST be directed by a woman. A woman is someone who currently identifies as a woman when it comes to gender or sex. If there is a co-director, they must also be a woman. We are no longer accepting films with male co-directors. We embrace the queer and LGBT communities. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please do not hesitate to ask the director of programming, Heidi Honeycutt at email@example.com.
Etheria Film Night only screens science fiction, horror, action, thriller, fantasy, speculative fiction, adventure, dark drama, grindhouse, crime, western, satire, dystopian, apocalyptic, mystery, noir, dark comedy, heist, disaster films, and any combination thereof.
Etheria Film Night plays a lineup of roughly 6-12 short films and one feature-length film. A short film should be between 20 seconds and 20 minutes in length. We are no longer accepting feature film submissions. Feature films are invite-only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Feature films may not be submitted through the form on this website or through the submission services.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. It doesn’t matter if your short film has screened anywhere else first; this is a showcase of the very best new films regardless of previous screenings. Think of us as a “best of” short film event.
FEATURE FILMS are invite-only and are no longer accepted via submissions. If you have any questions, email email@example.com
EARLY: May 2016-July 31, 2016: $10 US
MIDDLE: August 1, 2016-October 31, 2016: $15 US
GETTING LATE: November 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016: $20 US
LATE: January 1, 2017 – January 31, 2017: $25 US
REALLY LATE: February 1, 2017 – February 29, 2017: $35 US
Without your submission fee, your film submission is considered incomplete.
1. Upload your film to filmfreeway.com. We will not upload it for you. You may password protect your entry but do not change the password until we’ve made our final decisions in March 2017 otherwise our judges will not be able to view your entry.
2. Have your acceptance materials READY to send in. If accepted you will need to deliver materials with a very tight deadline, otherwise your film may get cut from the lineup. It’s your responsibility to provide materials so we may effectively screen your film.
3. You must be the copyright owner of the film.
Filmmakers will be notified regarding their acceptance status on or about March 31, 2017. These materials are due immediately, otherwise your film may not be screened:
1. Three high resolution digital photos of the director. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels. Aim for production stills that capture filmmaker directing/producing on set.
2. Five high resolution digital images from the submitted entry. This can be screenshots, posters, and production stills. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels.
3. A mailed physical copy of the film on a physical drive. Address will be provided. DVDs are not accepted. These are the film file requirements:
- Quicktime File (MP4 or MOV)
- 23.976 fps
- Codec: H.264
- Bitrate: 40 Mbps
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (add letterboxing/pillarboxing if necessary)
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080p
- AAC Audio at 16-bit or 24-bit, at least 48kHz