Thank you for submitting to Etheria Film Night! Etheria Film Night is an annual curated screening of the best new science fiction, action, fantasy, horror, and thriller films directed by women.
The films will be judged by genre film festival programmers from around the world and industry professionals, and official selections will be played at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, California in July 2015 for an audience including managers, showrunners, and producers.
Your film MUST be directed or co-directed by a woman. A woman is someone who identifies as a woman. You don't need to be born a woman as long as you are currently a woman.
The Etheria Film Night screens science fiction, horror, action, thriller and fantasy films. Speculative fiction, crime, noir, mystery, dark comedy, western, animated, apocalyptic, and supernatural films are all welcome.
The Etheria Film Night plays a lineup of roughly 8-12 short films and one feature-length film. A short film should be between 20 seconds and 20 minutes in length. A feature should be longer than 60 minutes and no longer than 130 minutes. You can enter as many films as you like - simply fill out a different form for each film submission. We do not charge a submission fee.
1. It doesn't matter if your short film has screened anywhere else first; this is a showcase of the very best new films regardless of previous screenings. Think of us as a "best of" event.
The Etheria Film Night will be presenting one not-for-competition feature-length film. In addition to the requirements above (other than length), Etheria Film Night must be, at minimum, the film's Los Angeles premiere. We prefer it to be the World Premiere, USA Premiere, or West Coast premiere. If selected to screen at the Etheria Film Festival, the feature can not be screened again in the Los Angeles area within 30 days of the Etheria Film Night in July 2015.
1. Upload your film to vimeo.com or youtube.com and provide us with the link below in this agreement. We will not upload it for you. You may password protect your entry but do not change the password until we've made our final decisions, otherwise our judges will not be able to view your entry.
2. Fill out this submission agreement with every film entry. By submitting this legally binding agreement, you are stating that you have read the official rules stated above..
3. Have your acceptance materials READY to send in. If accepted you will need to deliver materials with a very tight deadline, otherwise your film may get cut from the lineup. It's your responsibility to provide materials so we may effectively screen your film.
4. You must be the copyright owner of the film.
Filmmakers will be notified regarding their acceptance status on or about May 15, 2015. Your film materials will be due immediately upon acceptance via yousendIt.com, wetransfer.com, email or dropbox.com (we do not accept DVDs or hard copies of your film). These materials are due immediately, otherwise your film may not be screened (please, do not zip digital files when sending).
1. Three high resolution digital photos of filmmaker. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels. Aim for production stills that capture filmmaker directing/producing on set.
2. Five high resolution digital images from the submitted entry. This can be screenshots, posters, and production stills. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels.
3. A downloadable, digital file of the film in MOV and either 1080 or 720.
Nation in which the film was made
Is this Film a short for competition or a feature for presentation? Short Feature
Film Entry Link (Vimeo.com or youtube.com link must be provided).
Film Entry Password (Only fill this out if you put a password on your film. Do not change this password).
Film Running Time
Widescreen (16 x 9/1:78) Full screen (4:3) Scope (2.37 / 2.39) Letterboxed
Synopsis (Must be 40 words or less. Please check for spelling errors).
Website/social network page for film:
Would this be a premiere? Los Angeles? West Coast? USA? Worldwide?
Director of Photography
Top-billed actors and their respective characters
Copyright Owner (Person who is filling out this form.)
Copyright owner's address:
Street Address Line 1
Street Address Line 2
By signing this form, the copyright owner(s) listed agree to the following terms and conditions of submission of materials to this festival:
1. The copyright owner(s) listed accept in full Etheria Film Night's terms and conditions detailed above and grants Etheria Film Night permission to screen this film entry at their festivals, carpet ceremonies, and partner events on copyright owner(s) behalf domestically and internationally.
2. The copyright owner(s) listed warrant that they are the owners of the Film submitted, including copyright therein, that they have the right to grant Etheria Film Night the use of the Film and all the rights herein granted; that they have or will obtain all required authorizations, consents, and releases from others, including but not limited to those who appear recognizable in the submitted Film or who rendered services in connection therewith; and that Etheria Film Night's use of the Film as provided herein will not violate the rights of another person, entity or organization.
3. The copyright owner(s) listed will indemnify and hold harmless Etheria Film Night, its Directors, Staff, Volunteers, Sponsors, and Partners individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to Etheria Film Night.
4.The copyright owner(s) grants Etheria Film Night permission to utilize their likeness, images, footage, and sound (clips from the film, music and dialogue, production stills, screenshots, or images of their person) they provide in relation to their accepted film entry for the Etheria Film Festival and organization via online, print, big screen, PSA's, commercials, interviews, articles, and radio domestically and internationally. Copyright owner(s) will receive no compensation whatsoever for the organization's use of their images or likeness utilized to promote or advertise any event or service. Etheria Film Night may utilize these images at their discretion, with no responsibility to filmmaker in regards to permission or requests.
Copyright Owner states that all numbers, facts, and information are true and legally binding.
Writing your name below is a legally valid signature and Etheria Film Night is not responsible for any misleading information on your part or that of a third party.
Signed by and on behalf of:
Your Email (required):
You will be emailed a copy of this submission form, please keep a copy for your own records.