Thank you for submitting to Etheria Film Night! Etheria Film Night is an annual curated screening of the best short science fiction, action, fantasy, horror, and thriller films directed by women. One out-of-competition feature will be screened as well.
Submissions for Etheria Film Night 2016 run from July 1, 2015 through February 29, 2016.
You may use the form below to submit your film, or, if you prefer, you may use one of the following submission services:
Please read the rules thoroughly before submitting
Your film MUST be directed by a woman. A woman is someone who currently identifies as a woman when it comes to gender or sex. If there is a co-director, they must also be a woman. We are no longer accepting films with male co-directors.
Etheria Film Night only screens science fiction, horror, action, thriller, fantasy, speculative fiction, adventure, dark drama, grindhouse, crime, western, satire, dystopian, apocalyptic, mystery, noir, dark comedy, heist, disaster films, and any combination thereof.
Etheria Film Night plays a lineup of roughly 6-12 short films and one feature-length film. A short film should be between 20 seconds and 20 minutes in length. We are no longer accepting feature film submissions. Feature films are invite-only. Please contact email@example.com for more information. Feature films may not be submitted through the form on this website or through the submission services.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. It doesn’t matter if your short film has screened anywhere else first; this is a showcase of the very best new films regardless of previous screenings. Think of us as a “best of” short film event.
FEATURE FILMS are invite-only and are no longer accepted via submissions. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
As of July 1, 2015, Etheria Film Night charges submission fees. Fees are as follows:
EARLY: July 1, 2015-November 30, 2015: $10 US
MIDDLE: December 1, 2015-December 31, 2016: $15 US
LATE: January 1, 2016 – January 31, 2016: $20 US
REALLY LATE: February 1, 2016 – February 29, 2016: $25 US
Without your submission fee, your film submission is considered incomplete. If you use the form below to submit your film, you will be prompted to pay via PAYPAL after pressing the “submit” button.
1. Upload your film to vimeo.com, dropbox, or youtube.com and provide us with the link below in this agreement. We will not upload it for you. You may password protect your entry but do not change the password until we’ve made our final decisions in March 2016 otherwise our judges will not be able to view your entry.
2. Fill out this submission agreement with every film entry. By submitting this legally binding agreement, you are stating that you have read the official rules stated above.
3. Have your acceptance materials READY to send in. If accepted you will need to deliver materials with a very tight deadline, otherwise your film may get cut from the lineup. It’s your responsibility to provide materials so we may effectively screen your film.
4. You must be the copyright owner of the film.
Filmmakers will be notified regarding their acceptance status on or about March 31, 2016. These materials are due immediately, otherwise your film may not be screened:
1. Three high resolution digital photos of the director. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels. Aim for production stills that capture filmmaker directing/producing on set.
2. Five high resolution digital images from the submitted entry. This can be screenshots, posters, and production stills. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels.
3. A mailed physical copy of the film on a drive in PRORES in 1080. Address will be provided. We do not accept DVDs.