Thank you for submitting to Etheria Film Night 2015! Etheria Film Night is an annual curated screening of the best short science fiction, action, fantasy, horror, and thriller films directed by women. One out-of-competition feature will be screened as well.
Etheria Film Night has rolling submissions, meaning you can submit anytime. However, to be considered for the 2015 lineup, you must submit no later than March 31st, 2015.
You can submit below using the form on this site, or through Film Festival Life and Festhome if you prefer:
Please read the rules thoroughly before submitting
Your film MUST be directed or co-directed by a woman. A woman is someone who currently identifies as a woman when it comes to gender or sex.
The Etheria Film Night only screens science fiction, horror, action, thriller, comedy, and fantasy films. Speculative fiction, dystopian, apocalyptic, mystery, noir, dark comedy, heist, and disaster films are welcomed.
The Etheria Film Night plays a lineup of roughly 8-12 short films and one feature-length film. A short film should be between 20 seconds and 20 minutes in length. A feature should be longer than 60 minutes and no longer than 120 minutes. You can enter as many films as you like – simply fill out a different form for each film submission.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. It doesn’t matter if your short film has screened anywhere else first; this is a showcase of the very best new films regardless of previous screenings. Think of us as a “best of” short film event.
The Etheria Film Night will be presenting one not-for-competition feature-length film. In addition to the requirements above (other than length), Etheria Film Night must be, at minimum, the feature film’s Los Angeles premiere. We prefer it to be the World Premiere, USA Premiere, or West Coast premiere. If selected to screen at Etheria Film Night, the feature can not be screened again in the Los Angeles area within 30 days of the Etheria Film Night in June, 2015.
1. Upload your film to vimeo.com, dropbox, or youtube.com and provide us with the link below in this agreement. We will not upload it for you. You may password protect your entry but do not change the password until we’ve made our final decisions in May 2015 otherwise our judges will not be able to view your entry.
2. Fill out this submission agreement with every film entry. By submitting this legally binding agreement, you are stating that you have read the official rules stated above.
3. Have your acceptance materials READY to send in. If accepted you will need to deliver materials with a very tight deadline, otherwise your film may get cut from the lineup. It’s your responsibility to provide materials so we may effectively screen your film.
4. You must be the copyright owner of the film.
Filmmakers will be notified regarding their acceptance status on or about May 15, 2015. Your film materials will be due immediately upon acceptance via yousendit.com, wetransfer.com, email, or dropbox.com (we do not accept DVDs or hard copies of your film). These materials are due immediately, otherwise your film may not be screened (please, do not zip digital files when sending).
1. Three high resolution digital photos of the director. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels. Aim for production stills that capture filmmaker directing/producing on set.
2. Five high resolution digital images from the submitted entry. This can be screenshots, posters, and production stills. Photos need to be 300 DPI and over 800 pixels.
3. A downloadable, digital file of the film in both MP4 and PRORES and either 1080 or 720.